Kebbi’ll vote for me without campaign visit – Buhari .


President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, said the people of Kebbi State will vote for him even without paying campaign visit to the state.

The president spoke at  the Palace of the Emir of Gwandu and at the Haliru Abdu Multipurpose Stadium in Birnin Kebbi, the state capital, during his re-election campaign in the state.


“I came here to greet the emir, my friend and colleague in the army and at the warfront. I can stay in Kaduna or Daura and yet I will get your votes. Whether I come or not, Kebbi people will vote me,” he said when he visited the Emir of Gwandu, Alhaji Muhammadu Bashar.

The president, who arrived Sir Ahmadu Bello International Airport (SABIA), Birnin Kebbi at 1.50pm, was welcomed by a mammoth crowd from the airport to the town. The crowd including school children, workers, traders, farmers, tricycle riders, among others took to the streets, chanting,’ Sai Baba’.


At the stadium, the president promised the people of Kebbi State a railway line that would run from Gusau to Kebbi and terminate at Sokoto State.



Daily Trust

Comments