I’ll Speak To Betara, Other Speakership Aspirants To Step Down For You – Tells Abass

 


Vice President-elect, Kashim Shettima has assured the APC consensus candidate for the Speakership, Hon. Tajudeen Abass that he was already reaching out to other speakership aspirants to step down from the race during a meeting with the reps-elect, including returning and new lawmakers at his residence in Abuja.

Addressing the reps-elect, Shettima said he has been meeting with the aspirants in the race to persuade them to support the party’s choice.

“I will take it upon myself to reach out to the other contenders. Muktar Betara is my brother. We are from the same sub-region, we are from the same state and I have the best relationship with him,” he said.

“I met him two nights ago, I will sustain that discussion so that at the end of the day there will be no winner, no vanquished.

“Around 1 pm today I met with Idris Wase, the deputy speaker. He is someone very close to me. We will continue with the engagements so that we shall have a rancour-free 10th assembly.

He also revealed that he was going to reach out to the only female aspirant in the race, Mariam Onuoha who he described as his long time friend.

Comments