I will deliver FCT metro line in eight months, says Wike

Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister Nyesom Wike has pledged to deliver a metro line for the nation’s capital in eight months.

Wike, who expressed the political will to deliver the project on schedule, spoke last night on Channels Television’s evening programme: “Politics Today”.

The minister, renowned for boldness in speaking his mind, also dared his political family, main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to expel him.

The former Rivers State governor, who was assigned the portfolio of the FCT minister, is a leader in the leading opposition party.

Few hours after take his oath of office, Wike had told reporters that he would deliver on his mandate.

The FCT minister promised to clear the capital city of all encumbrances without sentiment or prejudice to anybody.

He also dismissed insinuations that it was wrong for him, from the Southsouth, to be appointed the minister of the FCT.

Pledging his determination to deliver the metro line project, Wike said: “What the President told me is that, look, FCT is down and I want you to bring back the city.

“At the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) conference, the President said: ‘Mr. Landlord, I want to ride on a metro line.’ For me, is that not a directive? I believe that is very, very possible.

“I have applied for the money for the project and I have directed that latest today the money must be paid. I have called the company.

“I know that the metro line can take you down to the airports. We have 12 of the lines already.

“For me, this is a project that Mr. President has told me is dear to his heartbeat.

“So, I have to do everything to make sure that we accomplish the project.”

The Nation

Comments